Saturday, June 03, 2006

An Easy Fast Cookie Recipe

I like to think that I like to cook. Always been a collector of recipes...and yet I revert to my main favorites much of the time. And when I do cook, these days it seems like I have to cram it in between other things. Today for example--we're going off to meet some new neighbors and I wanted to bring some cookies or something, but here it is 5 p.m., and we just came in from a baseball game (Tim made 2 home runs!). I don't really want to mess up the whole kitchen. So what should solve the problem but this simple recipe, another recipe from a mix (if you want to see another, go to our Abounding Affections blog and look at Quote of the Week Cake). Here is your recipe:

Cookies from a Cake Mix
Cake mix (any flavor)
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil

(No reason why you can't add things, such as nuts, raisins, chocolate chips or spice if they go with the cake mix flavor.) Mix and bake on a greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees, not very long!They burn easily on the bottom. They should be soft when taken out. Great frosted! Makes about 2 dozen.

Now make some for yourself and fill up a plate and take it to your neighbor. Aren't you nice! (Oh wait, now I'm saying how nice I am. Oh well.)

No comments: