Sunday, July 23, 2006

Incentives to clean up!

In posting my iced tea recipe (see my previous entry) I realized I had started a rather preliminary rejoicing over the start of our re-siding job. For an update on that, see my Never Alone blog. It has had its bumps and isn't entirely easy to enjoy the process but that's all right, everything will turn out right in the end, at least according to God's own plan.
Having the builders around and also realizing that we have three little Japanese girls coming to stay for a month makes me motivated to clean house like nothing else. I've made huge progress in the basement, which normally is overwhelming to me. I normally ignore the fact that there are toys and games strewn all over and that the floor needs vacuuming and all. It didn't take long to make a huge difference, and there's still another day's work down there when you consider washing windows, getting the bathroom spiffy, cleaning the carpet, setting up a bunk bed (we got one halfway set up yesterday). That's okay, the idea of the Japanese girls being down there is exciting enough to make the whole process fun and a lot easier than normal.
I also cleaned up the garage a great deal though that's another bad story of disorganization. Organization is not my gift (especially when others follow around undoing my work), but at least now I have a future garage sale pretty well organized into a great many boxes all stacked in one area for quick access--even in the record heat of the day yesterday. I came in and looked in the mirror; I looked like a lobster. I think the water must have sizzled a bit on my face when I washed up.
It's a great feeling of accomplishment though it's not done yet, and I love the incentive I have of hosting little Japanese girls. The two we had two years ago were a real treat and I've heard these three are sweet as well. I am convinced that this incentive is a gift from God. I could do the work other times, but there is always something else that can take precedence. God is so good! I will update you later on furthering the process.

For further blog entries that complete the perplexing story of our Japanese girls, see my Never Alone blog at joycomplete.blogspot.com: Global economy: many trips across the ocean, many nationalities involved; There's Value in the Right Kind of Clock; I Made My Family Disappear; A Long Month Comes to an End; and A Stunning Goodbye.

No comments: