Saturday, July 01, 2006

Work Out a Little, Laugh till Your Sides Split

Well, if you read before that I was going to try Pilates (see Work a Little Rest a Lot blog entry), now you have an update: I did. Try. I laughed my silly head off, till I cried and halfway flooded the room with tears. Never knew that exercise could be so funny.
It would be nice if they used real human beings for those exercise videos. Everyone knows that a real human being can't put her arms around her bent legs because the legs are too chubby. I happen to be a real human being.
So I tried the exercises, too, and never really did them the way those aliens would have liked me to, but I did them well enough that two days later I still hurt in muscles I didn't know were in my middle somewhere. In a day or two I'll try it again. Laughter is good for your health.
The rolling exercises that you may have read about in
Katie's blog were funny. The aliens could roll back up without any perceived difficulty. I had to tug on my pants legs or put my elbow on the floor to achieve it.
I'm glad they didn't have me put my leg behind my head (that's for you, Barbara) or I would still be down there screaming. And laughing...and the flood would have been in the news.

No comments: