Sunday, July 23, 2006

A Really Pleasant Iced Tea Recipe

I don't like Lipton powdered iced tea mix, besides the fact that it solidifies and becomes useless in the jar after a while. In fact, I don't like any commercially made iced teas that I've tasted.
A while back a friend shared an iced tea recipe that our family loves; so do so many who try it that I thought I'd share it with you. Since sun tea has been said to be risky in terms of bacteria, I like to make mine a quick way.
The recipe is Earl Grey (or Lady Grey instead), Raspberry, and Herbal Peach--any brands, at least one bag of each. I get the kettle going, and then fill a pitcher with ice; I put the tea bags in a thermos-type jug and pour the hot water into it to let them steep. When the tea is made, and still hot, I'll pour it over the ice. The pouring process melts the ice and cools the tea. Then I add about 1/4 c. sugar per 3 tea bags, and pour into glasses with ice, or add more ice to the pitcher. It's my favorite iced tea, and pretty cheap per pitcher.

Keep it refrigerated--it tastes best that way and is probably safest besides.
I hope you like it! Good for keeping cool in the hot summer sun.

No comments: